Calculating and Submitting your Tuition Proposal
Heartwood is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility. The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families. We seek to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition fees on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility. As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the school.
1. Review the Tuition Tier Chart above to see what our recommended tuition level is for your income* level
Currently, the minimum tuition level is $3,570 and the maximum is $10,800. We ask families who are able to pay more than the full tuition to consider making a tax-deductible donation to help us increase our accessibility.
*total family income is all gross income sources including but not limited to: salary, child support, support from family, trusts, etc.
2. Consider the recommendation you get from the Tuition Tier Chart and see if that can work for your family
Can you afford it? Can you pay more? If so, consider applying for a higher tier than the recommendation, or making a tax-deductible donation. If you can’t afford the recommendation, choose a lower tier and give us more information about your situation.
3. Determine the installment option that best meets your family’s needs
Consider which installment plan is the best match for your family finances. Each option has different benefits; The 12-month plans allows for lower monthly payments, whereas the single installment plan offers a 5% discount.
Options available for a June 1, 2018 deadline:
- Single installment: 5% discount applied. Due by June 1, 2018
- Two installments: 3% discount applied. First installment due June 1, 2018. Second installment due October 1, 2018.
- Ten installments: No deposit required. First installment due June 1, 2018. Final installment due March 1, 2019.
- Twelve installments: No deposit required. First installment due June 1, 2018. Final installment due May 1, 2019.
Options available after June 1, 2018 deadline:
- Ten installments: 10% deposit required previous to first installment. First installment due August 1, 2018. Final installment due May 1, 2019.
4. Apply for your proposed tuition tier
Complete the form below to apply . The Finance Committee will review the tuition offer and determine if we have space at your proposed tier. If so, the offer will be accepted. If not, you can decide whether you'd like to be placed on a waiting list for that tier or apply at a higher tier.