Sliding Scale Tuition Program
Heartwood ALC is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility. The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. Heartwood seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility. We ask that everyone try to contribute their fair share for the cost of managing our community. As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the school.
Instructions for Determining Tuition:
- Complete the worksheet below to get your recommended rate on our sliding scale.
- Based on the recommendation, propose a tuition amount that is realistic for your family to be able to pay. We ask that you be generous and reasonable when proposing your tuition to help support our trust-based tuition sliding scale
- The Finance Committee will review your proposal
- If the school has openings available at that payment level, the Finance committee will accept your proposal. Within 5 days of acceptance, you must complete an enrollment agreement and pay your enrollment deposit. This reserves your place at the agreed upon tuition level.
- If the school does not have openings available at that payment level, The Finance Committee will counter offer at a higher payment level.
*Gross Annual Income is income before taxes from ALL INCOME SOURCES (including but limited to salary, child support, support from family members, trusts, etc.) whether you normally claim them or not. Can you afford it? Can you pay more? If so, consider offering more than the recommendation or by making a tax deductible donation.